Saturday 30 November 2013

How to create a vellum envelope with Christmas tags

The new Stampin' Up!  Punch Board makes it so easy to create envelopes of any shape or size.  I absolutely love the look of vellum envelopes creating a soft look that you can see through to the card or tags you've created.  Add some ribbon, string or a mini clothes peg and and creation is complete. 
For this simple project I created my vellum envelope using a piece of vellum that was 8 1/4 inches x 8 1/4 inches.   I then followed the simple instructions of the punch board to create an envelope to fit a card size of 4x6 inches. I glued the envelope together using my snail adhesive and lined the envelope with a pice of dsp from the season of style measuring 4x6 inches.

To make the tags I used an A4 piece of crumb card card stock and cut 10 tags out of it measuring 2 inches x 3 3/4 inches.  I created a tag look but cutting the corners off the top of one end of the tag. I then punched a 1/2 inch circle out of some baked Brown Sugar card stock and stuck that on the top of the same end I cut the corners from and then punched a hole in the middle of the circle  using my 3/8 inch circle punch. 

Next I stamped my sentiments using the Christmas messages stamp set in versamark and embossed them with white embossing powder.  I then stamped an image over the top of the writing in versamark from the open sleigh stamp set. I then sponged the edges of the card with white craft ink. Then sprayed each card with white mist (made with a combination of white craft ink refill and isocol (rubbing alcohol) in my stampin spritzers. To find out more about creating your own spritzer click here

Lastly I tied a piece of vanilla string on top of the card, placed 9 inside the envelope and attached one to the outside with a mini clothes peg.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes