Thursday 12 December 2013

advent calendar

I thought I'd share with you a project I made last advent.  I was inspired by some projects that were showing up on pinterest and wanted to create something with products I had on hand. 
 
Using the Stampin' Up! Pillow box die I cut some boxes using some scrap pieces card. Next I used the alphabet die to cut numbers out.  I then die cut some Christmas ornaments using the Stampin' Up holiday ornaments bigshot die.
 
Using the cropadile I punched a small hole in the top of each one and secured a gold eyelet in place.  I then threaded a small piece of gold string through the hole and tied a knot to form a loop.  I collected embellishments together I had on hand that matched my silver and gold theme.
 
I used a pin up board I had at home to display them on and simply attached them with a pin through the loop of string. This means I can easily take them off the board at the end of Christmas and store them in a box to prevent them getting damaged in storage.
 
Each year I fill them with chocolates and when the kids get older I'd like to add some Bible verses and write down on pieces of paper to slip inside each box some fun Christmas activities we can do as a family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes