Sunday 31 May 2015

best mother ever


best mother ever

Yes this was the card I made for my mum for mother's day this year, and yes I hoped to photograph it, upload it to share with you all in time for mothers day this year and I failed epically again!!!! I did want to share it with you any way because I love it and hey you can use any sentiment you like! I love that the central element on this card is created entirely a touch of watercolour and some white embossing

I used watercolour card to get the look as there's nothing like watercolour card for getting a finish that you're really happy with. I used some crisp cantaloupe and hello honey and a aqua painter to splosh some colour around. 


The hardest thing about this card is giving that watercolour card time to dry properly. I left mine overnight which I know is probably not ideal when you just want to get a card made! Other ways to speed up the process include taking to it with a heat gun, but beware you'll need to heat the front and back from stopping it warping the card stock...yes I have been there many times!



I added a few sploshes of gold ink as well as my token torn page and clothes peg (with a little lick of black paint!) The card is on a piece of crisp cantaloupe card stock



Happy belated mother's day to all you mums out there!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through pinterest! Love your cards & great photography skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Mercedes. Really appreciate the feedback! Super kind of you :)

    ReplyDelete

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes