Tuesday 26 May 2015

hello, you


This card is incredibly easy to create but I believe is very eye catching! Yellow is my favorite colour and I was super excited with Stampin Up released the colour "hello honey"....it's such a lovely shade and works really well with both pastel and bold colours. 



I started with a base of hello honey that I embossed with the spring flowers embossing folder (137365) and then rubbed over lightly with a sponge dipped in white ink. It makes the image stand out more! 

I placed a doily in the centre. My next layer was a page torn from an old card that I cut 2 inches (5cm thick) and used the ornate tag topper punch (137416) to cut into a tag. I cut a circle in hello honey from the 1.3cm circle punch (119869) and stuck that on top of the tag and then cut a small hone through the middle using my hole punch. Backed onto the tag is a piece of doubled over hello honey quilted cotton ribbon (137864).

The next layer is a circle of the sweet dreams DSP (137782) cut out using the 6.4cm circle punch


The butterfly is a piece of vellum cut with the Butterfly thinlit dies (137360)
The top layer is stamped with the sentiment "hello you" from the set 'Regarding Dahlias' (1300327) on black card and embossed in white. I finished off the card with a couple gold sequins because well...everyone loves sequins!



No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes