Monday 25 May 2015

carbs schmarbs


Anyone that knows me well will think this card is hilarious because I'm actually a bit of a health food nut (check out my food blog here). However I have a policy that extends to being inclusive of cakes for birthdays so it's all good!!!



This card is a bit of fun and is actually very versatile suiting a teenage girl right up to an elderly women.

The base of this card is crumb cake card stock. I have distressed it a little by sponging the edges with crumb cake and stamping some water droplets with crumb cake using the set gorgeous grunge (130517).


I then stamped the circle image from papaya collage
 (126612) in the top right hand corner and bottom right hand corner. Taking my 1.3cm circle punch I punched a hole at the top and bottom of the card in the centre of the stamped circular image making sure I cut through both the front and back layer of card and threaded the crisp cantaloupe thick backers twine through the bottom hole (top layer of card only) and around the back to the front of the card, sending the ribbon back through the top hole and tieing a bow at the top. You should be able to open and close the card and you will see the twine on the inside of the card (on the top side). 



The image is stamped on a piece of whisper white cardstock in stayz on black ink and is watercoloured with an aqua painter with crisp cantaloupe and hello honey. I also stamped the water image from gorgeous grunge a couple times on the white card. I used a piece of window sheet (114323) on top of this image to give it an extra layer of depth. The image sits behind a piece of crisp cantaloupe card with a sqare framelit cut from the middle giving a 'window image'. The sentiment is stamped on hello honey card in versamark with white embossing powder on top. I have sponged the edges with some white ink to make it pop. Lastly I added a piece of old page torn from an old book i found in an opp shop (which seems to be my signature trademark!)


This is a layout that can transfer to any different occasion with any stamped and watercoloured image. Three examples can be seen below.



Enjoy that cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes